We all can have days feeling uncomfortable or awkward in our own bodies. This is normal, though can become unhealthy if you find yourself preoccupied in self-consciousness about your body. Women in particular, are constantly subjected to subtle and blatant messages of unattainable body and beauty standards. Developing positive body image is to learn to love and respect our natural bodies how they are, and overpower negative thoughts and feelings with positive, affirming, and accepting ones. Let's work on learning to be comfortable in your own body, and acceptance of yourself, just the way you are.
Signs & Symptoms Of Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Being engrossed with physical appearance which often others can’t see.
- Obsessed with looking or avoiding mirrors.
- Excessive grooming, such as hair combing or plucking.
- Avoid being in any pictures.
- Frequent cosmetic procedures with little satisfaction.
- Believes that other notice ones appearance in a negative way.
- Difficult dealing with any social situations.
- Envy of a friends physical appearance and constantly compares their bodies.
- Always seeking reassurance about their appearance from others.
- Being so preoccupied with appearance that it causes major distress in social life.